Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Flowers Gift Card Holder

Happy Tuesday stampers!

Did you miss me yesterday? Things are a bit upside down here in the Merriman abode this week - Emma has skate camp all week so ALL of us are getting up and out pretty early! Yesterday by the time I got home and got set up for Just Cards class, I ran out of time to post for you and the rest of my day just got away from me.

But, I'm back today with a super cute project for you!
We made this very fun gift card holder at my Just Cards classes this month - and the stampers loved it!
Here's a photo of the whole thing closed up:

I used Melon Mambo cardstock for the sleeve. It's cut at 4 1/2" x 7" and scored on the long side at 3 1/4" and 6 1/2". That leaves a 1/2" flap to put your Tombow Adhesive on to glue it together. I put a little Tombow on the inside bottom as well to secure it there.
Using my 1 3/8" Circle Punch, I inserted it into the open end of the sleeve and punched out a round divot. Then I flipped the sleeve over and matched up the punched area with the punch and did the same to that side. This way you only punch through one layer at a time and it doesn't run the risk of damaging your punch.

The Designer Paper I used is from the Beyond the Garden pack (part of the Buy 3, Get 1 Free sale this month!). I cut it at 3" x 4 1/4" and punched a small divot out of the top of it as well. It's adhered with SNAIL.

The stamped panel is Whisper White cut a 2" x 3". I colored the Hello Blossoms stamp with my Stampin' Write Markers and stamped it on the panel. The buttons are from the Sale-A-Bration package almost all of us got for FREE this year and they were too fun not to use up on this bright project! They are adhered with Mini Glue Dots.

The greeting is from the Party This Way stamp set and was stamped in Pacific Point Classic Ink on a white scrap. I punched it out with the Modern Label Punch and adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals to the front.
Take a look at the tag insert:

I know! Look at that fun Stampin' Up! Gift Card! Sadly, I had to tell my stampers that it wasn't for them -besides, it had long been used up! But it is one of the great perks of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. We can earn those gift cards through the year and use them on whatever our little hearts desire!
Anyway - the actual tag insert is made with Pacific Point cardstock and is cut with the Two Tags Die and my Big Shot. I used some So Saffron Taffeta Ribbon for the pull.
Here's a look at the back of the tag:

Here's the place for your greeting, I just stamped this one with a greeting from the Happy Greetings stamp set that's in the Summer Mini Catalog. Hey, that one goes away in just two weeks, so if you want it, better be sure to get it while you still can! I'm a sucker for greeting stamp sets, I think you can never have enough of them.

So, that's the whole project today - isn't that cute? You could use it for so many occasions and the template could be adapted with any cardstock and Designer Series Paper.

Here's a look at a few of the products I used to make this project:
#123102 - Hello Blossoms Stamp $7.95

#123313 - Happy Greetings Stamp Set $14.95 Clear Mount
#123342 - Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper $10.95 (12 sheets)
#119860 - 1 3/8" Circle Punch $15.95

#115954 - Two Tags Die $21.95

Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you need any or all of these products to create this project at home, you can place an order in my Online Store anytime, 24/7!

Have a great Tuesday friends - I'll be back tomorrow with a new project to share!
Stamped blessings,
~~Robin

Place your Stampin' Up! order at this link here: Robin's Online Stampin' Store
Simply click the SHOP NOW button at the top right!

1 comment:

  1. What do you use to attach the card to the tag? Ditto? Glue dots?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!