Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Best Friends Forever Birthday Invite

Being a stamper, there's kind of an unwritten rule that for any card giving, occasion inviting event, that I have to make the cards or invitations.
Ok, I know I don't HAVE to, but it sure is more fun to hear " Oh, you MADE these? They're fantastic!" than "Wait, I thought you MADE cards......."

Yeah, you know what I mean.

So, for Emma's birthday last week I made the invitations and of course, Stampin' Up! had all the colors and stamps I needed (that SHE liked!) to make them.
Here's a photo:

It's a one panel design sized at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I used the colors we used to create Emma's bonus room this summer, Calypso Coral and Basic Black.

I used the Inviting stamp set for the basic lines of the invitation and the rest of the stamping was done with the Best Friends Forever stamp set. I stamped the heart image first in Calypso Coral, then stamped over them with the vine image inked in Versamark. They were heat embossed with Black embossing powder to give the invitation a raised and shiny, elegant effect.

Emma was thrilled with how they turned out and I was thrilled that they only took about 45 minutes to make!
A Win/Win in my book!

Well, I'm headed out to pick up my Mom and bring her back home so we can all leave tonight to visit Mark's family for Christmas. Lots on the to-do list still but I'll be back with another post tomorrow - promise!

Have a wonderful, low-stress day!
~~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!