Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cased Smooches

Tuesday morning and the sun is shining outside my window today! It's been raining and nasty the past few days and I am grateful to see the sun again. I'm doubly grateful that we didn't get the SNOW that some of my friends further north had yesterday. Aiyiyi! Snow in April! Brrrr...... I think God is reminding us who exactly is in charge around here! LOL!

Since it's been a lot yukky weather wise, I decided to share a bright, springy card with you today. You've probably already seen a version of it on some other websites and blogs - and I believe it was originally Jill Hilliard's design - but honestly, I'm not sure. BUT, it sure is a great card design and I loved it so much I re-created it for my April card classes and added my own touch to it.

Here's one view of this card:


It's a pretty basic design - a great clean and simple look - and I love the use of the Diagonal Scoring Plate to create the subtle background. I used Whisper White and Concord Crush (which is retiring at the end of May!) for my cardstock and added Pear Pizzazz (which is ALSO retiring at the end of May!) and Daffodil Delight for accent colors.
The focal image was created with the Bright Blossoms Stamp Set and I simply colored on the stamps with my Stampin' Write markers. I stamped the center flower first and added the other two to achieve a more balanced look. 






I used the Bring on the Cake Stamp Set for the greeting and the fun ruffle is simply a piece of the Pear Pizzazz Pleated Satin Ribbon added to the focal point with some SNAIL adhesive. I folded in the cut ends to give it a finished look and then the whole piece was added to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Really an easy-peasy card and I'm sure it would bring a smile to anyone's face to receive it!

Don't forget that the Occasions Mini Catalog ENDS on April 30th! That yummy ribbon is in that catalog! You can check out the whole thing on my Stampin' Up! website, so get on over there, ok? Here's the link: Robin's Online Stampin' Store
Once you are there, simply click the SHOP NOW button at the top right corner to get started shopping! 

Have a great day everyone! 
~~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!