Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Easy Valentine's Banner Decoration

It's the season of "Love"! 
So why not decorate for it - all the hearts and flowers are just the thing to chase away our winter blues. Once that Christmas tree goes down, my house looks a little barren, what about yours??

Here's an easy and fun project you can make in a jiffy with the Sealed With Love Kit. We're making this in my Very Valentine's Classes on Saturday along with some other "love"ly things! 


The color combination is Whisper White, Real Red, Pool Party and Calypso Coral - so bright and cheerful!
Here are photos of each section close up:


I used the envelopes in the kit for the banner pieces. One of the short side flaps is folded over to wrap around the ribbon. The other short side is left hanging down to create the point of the banner. I simply trimmed off the two long sides with my Paper Trimmer. Those pieces were large enough that I was able to use my 1 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch to punch out pieces for the bottom of each banner piece. They are simply flipped over to reveal the floral side instead of the polka dot one. 

The white panel on each banner piece comes with the kit as well and is actually pre-printed with the floral design. I've just trimmed it down with my Paper Trimmer as well to layer on the Pool Party background.

All the stamping was done with the My Little Valentine stamp set that was a limited edition special earlier this month. You can easily substitute another stamp set though.



The letters were cut out with my Big Shot and the new Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies. I layered them on pieces of Real Red cardstock that were punched out with my 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch. The Real Red Baker's Twine comes with the Sealed With Love kit so it was easy to incorporate it into the design. 
The kit also comes with Stampin' Dimensionals - you know I love that! 
Each top corner of the banner pieces has two Basic Rhinestone jewels on it for a little bling. I didn't add any Dazzling Diamonds glitter, but you certainly could - and should!

  

The scalloped accents at the bottom are layered and adhered under the Pool Party cardstock. I used 1/2 of a Doily from the new ones in our Spring Mini Catalog. They are easy to cut in half and use liberally on a project. They really add a nice touch too. 
The Pool Party Satin Ribbon and the Pool Party Button are part of the Madison Avenue collection that you CAN'T BUY!
WHAT??!!
That's right, you can't buy them! 
BUT - you can get them FREE! 
They are part of the Sale-A-Bration Freebies you can choose with any $50 order now through March 22nd. 
And for each $50 you spend - you get another FREE choice from the plethora of products offered! 

If you are a Hostess, it's even better - you can earn the Madison Avenue Stamp Set, Designer Series Paper AND the Ribbon and Buttons package - all FREE with a qualifying party. AND you also get a package of Silver Glimmer Paper because we are celebrating our SILVER Anniversary! WooHoo! 
All the details are on my Stampin' Up! Website - so be sure to check them out.


This last panel shows a little flower accent popping out from behind the scallop circle - there is also one behind the "O". These are from the New Pop-Up Posies Kit that's also in the Spring Mini Catalog. 
So many cool things in there!
I used the Modern Label punch to punch out the stamped image on this panel. It's just folded over the twine and tied onto the letter - cute!

Here's the info on the Simply Sent Kit I used:

#126923 - Simply Sent Sealed With Love Kit  $7.95
This kit and all the other products I mentioned here can be found in my Online Store at this link:

Robin's Online Stampin' Store

Simply click the Shop Now button at the top right of my home page and you'll be off and running in the store!
Don't forget to choose your Sale-A-Bration items when you shop and best of all, if you spend $150, you get:

- 3 Sale-A-Bration products of your choice
- a package of FREE Silver Glimmer Paper
- $25 in FREE Stampin' products of your choice

That's a value of approximately $75 in FREE product! How awesome is that? 

So, what will YOU choose for FREE? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Happy stampin' everyone!
~~Robin

Find me on Facebook -  
Trinity Design Studios - Paper Crafting and Fun


5 comments:

  1. I love this project Wendy and am going to make one as soon as my kit comes. Thanks so much for all your wonderful postings.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project Wendy and am going to make one as soon as my kit comes. Thanks so much for posting all your wonderful ideas.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO CLEVER!!! I LOVE this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! :O)
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darling that I want to make one myself! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a lovely banner for lovers.Banners creates a long lasting impression over the people and they just remembers the content of it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!