Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Stamping 411 - Saturday Sketch Challenge - #SSC108

Hi stampers! I hope you had a great week and are ready to STAMP today! The other Stamping 411 Operators and I are excited to see what you will do with this week's sketch. Over 30 of you played along last week and there were some real beauties created! We had a really hard time picking out top 5 for the Stamper's Showcase.

As you can see, this week's sketch gives you almost a blank slate to work with. This allows for some fabulous clean and simple cards or you can step it up a bit and build it out.


For my interpretation, I chose to build it out a little by making my image and sentiment on a three layered panel in the center of the card. To begin my card, I cut an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of Basic Gray cardstock in half lengthwise at 4 1/4" x 11". It was then scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half to create my card base.

For the next layer, I cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock at 4" x 5 1/4" and texturized it by cranking it through my Big Shot with one of the Texture Plate #4 set. It reminded me of racing or those metal truck tool boxes, kwim? After I texturized it, I took a Stampin' Sponge and rubbed Silver Encore ink on the surface to give it a metallic sheen in a few areas and on the edges to make it pop.


The center layers are cut as follows: Brushed Silver cardstock - 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"; Night of Navy cardstock - 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" and Whisper White cardstock - 2" x 3". This layer is the same size as the stamp block I used. Speaking of which, Totally Tool was the stamp set of choice this week. I just love these tongue in cheek greetings and images!

My image and greeting were inked up with Black Staz-On ink and stamped on the Whisper White cardstock. I re-inked and stamped again (just the wrench) on Brushed Silver cardstock. This one was cut out with my Paper Snips and adhered to the Whisper White layer making it really stand out. Once this was attached, I adhered all the layers together with SNAIL and then added the two Silver Brads to the top corners with my 1/16" Handheld Punch. This whole section was mounted on the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals and I was done!

It's really a very easy card to complete, but the layering and texture mix give it a more complicated look. And don't you want your recipient to think you spent hours on a card just for them? LOL!

Be sure to check out all the creations by my Stamping 411 Operator friends! They are sure to inspire you to play along with us. And don't forget to upload your creation using Mr. Linky on the Stamping 411 blog! We can't wait to see your creativity in action!

Stamped blessings,
~~Robin

3 comments:

  1. Nice masculine card Robin! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that set, Robin...that is my go to set for men! Great job with your card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you created the background for the tool. It looks so masculine, so metallic! Super idea!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!