Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #SSC118


Happy Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge Day! I'm back and creating again - I sure missed not posting a card with the other operators last week, but I know they did a fabulous job inspiring you with another sketch challenge!

My card for this week is rather simple, but it made me happy when it was all finished - I love the bright color combination. It's actually the color combo from last week's Blogger's Challenge - which I didn't complete either - but the colors were still laying out on my table and I took my inspiration from there.

The card begins with a piece of Whisper White 8 1/2" x 11" cut in half to make a piece 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". I folded it with my Bone Folder to make a card sized 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The layered focal point has a bottom piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock cut at 2 3/4" x 5". I've added two pieces of the Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper. One is cut at 1" x 4 3/4" and the other cut at 1 3/4" x 4 3/4". After adhering them to the Chocolate Chip cardstock with SNAIL, I covered up the seam with a piece of Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon.

Now, the fun part! I pulled an old, old favorite stamp set, Pick A Petal and inked up the polka-dotted petal with Crushed Curry ink. It's stamped 6 times on Whisper White cardstock. Before cutting the petals out with my Paper Snips, I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and added the Smile Petal outline in Melon Mambo ink. After trimming them out, I used a bit of SNAIL on each petal tip to adhere them together and then I added the flower center. That was stamped with Melon Mambo ink on Whisper White cardstock as well and then punched out with my 1" Circle Punch. I added the adorable Chocolate Chip Flower Brad to the center and used the brad to connect the petals to the center.
I used a bunch of Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the flower to get it to pop up nicely and then added the cute sentiment at the bottom right. It's from the Hostess Stamp Set The More the Merrier and I stamped it in Melon Mambo. That was it, so simple, but really a fun card. I LOVE it and hope you do as well!

Be sure to check out the other Stamping 411 operators creations and then take a little bit and play along with the sketch challenge. It's got some fabulous possibilities, I'm sure you can create a masterpiece!
Happy stamping everyone!
~~Robin

5 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheerful card!!! Love it!!!! Glad to have you back this week. We missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Robin! I haven't used that set in ages, but you make me want to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so neglected this set. Now I need to pull it out. This card is just adorable. Love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love all the details and it's so clean and simple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute, Robin! We don't use Pick a Petal enough but it works perfectly for this sketch! Great job! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!