Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Santa Bear!

Hi there my stamping friends! Welcome to Tuesday!
I don't know about you all, but Build-A-Bear is EXTREMELY popular in my house these days! My daughter has rediscovered her bears and other animals from that well known store and she was delighted when Stampin' Up! partnered with them to create their exclusive line of stamps, designer papers and Big Shot Dies.

This little project was inspired by a fellow demo, Christie Daughtry. I just loved her idea which was all the bear pieces in a pouch for an assemble it yourself bear couple. For mine, I went ahead and assembled the bears and put magnets on the back of them. I thought they would make cute little gifts for our neighbors with kids this Christmas. We always do a little something, usually baked goods, but this year, I can have these already assembled and ready to give. AND keep all my Christmas cookies to myself! hahaha - there is a method to my madness after all!
The plastic sleeve is actually a 6 x 6 page protector with the edge trimmed off. It is adhered with Sticky Strip to a piece of 6 1/4" x 8 1/2" Real Red cardstock. I've scored it at 6 1/4" on the 8 1/2" side to create the flap. The flap was decorated with a piece of Garden Green cardstock which I stamped with the ornament wheel from the Holiday Mini. (Ok, it's early, I can't remember the name of it right now, but it's the one that matches that ornament set. You KNOW which one I mean!) Anyway, it's tied with some of the Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon and I stamped it with a greeting from one of the Build-A-Bear stamp sets.
The flap has a velcro dot attached to secure it to the plastic sleeve.
Inside the plastic sleeve, I put a piece of Merry Moments Designer Series Paper (remembered THAT name - ha!) to make it festive.


This last view shows you the magnet on the back - it's the rectangle piece on Mr. Santa's body. I actually took business card magnets and cut them in quarters which made the perfect size for the bears.
The black circle on the back of his head is a 1" Circle Punch out of Basic Black cardstock which shows through the front of his head to make his eyes, nose and mouth. So much easier than piecing all those tiny things individually!
Now I have to mention Mrs. Santa's shoes.....my downline did this project at our meeting in September and they all commented that her shoes looked very "earthy-crunchy". Well, apparently I used the wrong shoes for her very fashionable outfit, there are some cute little slip ons available on the die. Who knew? But hey, Mrs. Santa is probably an umptogenarian by now, so I think she deserves some comfy shoes, don't you?

Have a fun Tuesday -
and to all my US Marine Corps friends - Happy Birthday and Semper Fi!
Thank you for your service to us!

Blessings,
~~Robin

5 comments:

  1. Robin... this is absolutely fabulous! I love the fact that there are so many ways you can take this - I'm thinking that it would be a great idea for Valentine's with a couple of hearts.
    Thanks so much for sharing - and inspiring me to go off and do something different. Fabulous job.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!!! Umptogenarian....you totally crack me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just too stinkin' cute!! Great gift item too Robin!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. paper dolls for big girls! this was sooo much fun to do, Robin!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!