Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge

Hello stampers - it's Saturday again and around here that means it's the Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge! This week Selene, our sketch queen, gave us this funky corner card that gave us endless possibilities.


As you can see, I chose something soft, feminine and clean, letting the modern lines of the sketch contrast against the old-fashioned images. I've always loved these colors together - they are so fresh and cheerful - I even used to have my kitchen done in these colors! Now it's Kiwi Kiss, Bravo Burgundy and Chocolate Chip - yeah, a big change!
Anyway, here are the details on the card:


Card base layer: Brocade Blue cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", folded to make an A2 card 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Barely Banana layer: 4" x 5 1/4"; stamped with the flourish stamp from the Elements of Style stamp set (coming out in the Summer Mini Catalog on May 1st!) in Barely Banana ink.
Brocade Blue layer: 2 3/4" x 4"
Whisper White layer: 2 1/2" x 3 3/4"

The stamping on the Whisper White layer was done using the large floral spray stamp inked up in Brocade Blue ink, stamped off once on my Grid Paper. Once I had my image stamped, I used a Sponge Dauber to add Barely Banana ink to the roses in the image.
Next, I added two layers of Glassy Glaze Embossing Powder with Versamark ink and my Heat Tool. I was planning to go with the Cracked Glass technique here and vintage it up, but I really liked the porcelain coolness of the color contrast. It looks vintage, but then again, not so much. Know what I mean?


Next, I added a piece of Brocade Blue Wide Grosgrain Ribbon to the card, just using SNAIL to adhere it, flagging the end with my ribbon scissors (Paper and Craft Scissors in the IBC). I then added the decorative brad from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware kit and popped the embossed panel up on Stampin' Dimensionals. I decided to leave off the element at the top corner. I tried to use several different things there, but I really just liked it as is.
Lastly, I got out my Hard To Say stamp set and used my Brocade Blue Marker to add part of a greeting to the bottom of this card. It was a perfect reminder for me of how the power of prayer has upheld me and my family this week. And has allowed me to refocus my attention by praying for our friends who need it as well.

Anyway, be sure to stop by the Stamping 411 blog and check out all the other operators designs for this sketch. I know they will inspire you to play along with us.
Hug your loved ones today too, ok?
Blessings,
~~Robin

10 comments:

  1. I love the fresh and clean colors. It's so smooth and beautiful. Modern vintage ~ you got it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Thanks for a preview of this beautiful new stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and beautiful - also love getting a sneak peek at a new image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so soft and pretty. I can't wait to use this set!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin, I really love this!!! It's definitely a Robin card - but in a different way! The colors are refreshing, and I agree the porcelain look is perfect for this card!!!

    Hugs to you....enjoy your weekend!!

    P.S. I am putting this stamp set together this weekend so I can play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job, Robin -- blue and yellow are one of my favorite color combos as well. Love the soft look that the glassy glaze gives the stamping! Beautiful -- Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girlfriend,
    This turned out beautiful, I love the soft colors.
    Maybe it will melt away the snow!

    Love ya,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, Robin! It DOES look like a porcelain piece. Love the technique. Great showcasing for the new stamp set. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is sooooo stunningly beauitful!!! Love everything about it and luv you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so soft and pretty...love the colors! And a sneak peek...I haven't even mounted mine yet!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!