Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Elegant Wedding Card

Happy Monday Stampers!
Is today your last day of spring break too? I am missing the slower pace of last week already - but the Stampin' Up! cruise is less than 20 days away now, so there is that to look forward to!

Today's card for you is short, sweet and simple! With wedding season approaching I thought I'd share a card you can literally make in less than 10 minutes! AND it uses heat embossing AND glitter! Yeah!


I started with a piece of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Shimmer White cardstock - love this cardstock for making more elegant cards - and folded it in half to create a standard A2 card. These fit in the Medium Stampin' Up! envelopes.

For the main image, I stamped the large flower from the Wedding Sweet stamp set using Versamark ink. I then added Heat and Stick Embossing Powder to it and with my Heat Tool, warmed it until it melted. The trick to this powder is to not overheat it or it loses it's stickiness.

Then, I took out my Fine Cosmo glitter and sprinkled it liberally all over the heated image, tapping off the excess into my Powder Pal tray. I then reheated it with the Heat Tool, setting the glitter into the image.


The greeting (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) was stamped with Black Staz-On ink onto a scrap of Shimmer White then punched out with the Modern Label punch. It is popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals. Lastly, my ribbon knot is simply a piece of White Organza ribbon tied around the front of the card and knotted by the greeting.
Clean, simple and elegant!
(Note: the only thing I added after the photo was taken was to round the four corners of the card with my Corner Rounder punch. I thought it looked better with the flowy image.)

I'll be filming another video this week and was thinking about showing you how to cover Chipboard, but maybe I'll do it on using Heat and Stick powder instead. Let me know what you would like to see!
Have a great Easter Monday everyone - stamped blessings!
~~Robin

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. So simple, yet so elegant! I would love to see a demo of this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this simple yet elegant card. I have never had much luck with the heat and stick embossing powder. Maybe I am heating it too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Robin.
    I would love to see a video on heat and stick powder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, This is beautiful! Did you forget me? Trusting all is well with you! ~Amy~

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!