Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Farewell Flower Layers!

Alas, we hardly knew ye!
And that my stamping friends is the sad truth of it. I purchased that Big Shot Die at least a year ago and did I use it? No sirree Bob! Well, maybe once, but certainly not as often as I should have, I mean, just LOOK at this cute card!

This is not my original creation - I cased it from the talented Rochelle Gould, a sister SU! demo, from her post on Stampin' Connection. Stampin' Connection is Stampin' Up!'s private group site just for demos to visit and share ideas, samples and stories. There are literally thousands of samples to view and fabulous business tips and how to videos as well. The only catch is that you must be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for access.
Now, I'm happy to help you with that, just contact me and we can chat a bit. It's only $99 to join my stampin' family through tomorrow - and the starter kit contains wonderful products from the NEW Catalog! That's an offer that's hard to resist in my book!

This card was super easy to create using the Flower Layers Die, which retires tomorrow, and the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I used different colors than the original and changed my greeting as well, but as you can see, they are pretty much the same!
My color combo is Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Old Olive. Crushed Curry is retiring tomorrow as well, but if you don't have it, you can substitute the new Daffodil Delight there and it will be just as fun as this one!
The stamp set is Short and Sweet, which if you don't have it in your stamping tool box, you need it. I love the font because even if you stamp it crooked, you can't tell! Shhh.....that's one of my stamping secrets! :)

The flower is assembled with a 5/8" Jumbo Brad and was simply attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. There you go, easy peasy!

Thanks for stopping in today - I'm headed to the shower and then it's off to the skating rink with Emma. At least it's cool in there! :)
Stamped blessings,
~~Robin

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that die. I will truly miss it....I will still use it for personal use, but sad it can't be demo'd anymore.
    I absolutely love the colors you used on your flower, very summery.

    Oh well, what's a girl to do!
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin! I just found your blog by way of the Create with Connie and Mary blog and had to leave a comment on this card! I like the colors you used! I know, I am going to miss this die a lot too. Thanks for giving me credit, I do appreciate it! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!