Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

UDI Inspiration Challenge - Summer!

Howdy Stampers!
I know, it's been almost a week since I've posted!
Folks, I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger! Armed with the knowledge that I leave for convention in just 5 short days, my head is spinning in circles just trying to get all my samples made for my presentation; swaps done to trade and shopping done to fill my suitcase! Well, I could probably leave out the last part, but truth be told, a Stamipn' Up! event is a great excuse to shop for new clothes and I'm taking full advantage of it! :)

Anyway, I was so happy to see this week's UDI Blog Inspiration Challenge because it just screamed SUMMER to me! Here is the inspiration photo:

And here is my card:

Isn't that just summery delicious?!
This card was so much fun to create and I even did it with my Just Cards Classes this month. It's just bright, fun and whimsical!

You can see from this photo that I used the Big Shot on the Melon Mambo cardstock - it's texturized with the Perfect Details Texturz Plate. I also used the Big Shot on the Island Oasis DSP - it's cut out with the always popular Top Note Die.

The cone is stamped in Crumb Cake ink and the ice cream is in Melon Mambo with a touch of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to make it glisten!

And no card is complete in my mind without Stampin' Dimensionals, so you can see that I popped up the greeting with them.

Align CenterI know this post is short and sweet, but I have so much stampin' to do - I've just got to get to it! I'm going to show you all my convention projects over the next two weeks. I'll be at convention all next week and on vacation with my family the week after, so I'll be pre-posting so there will be something new for you to see most every day!

For today, be sure to hop over to the UDI Blog and check out what the other design team members created with this fun summer photo! They are sure to bring some sunshine to you today!

Stamped blessings,
~~Robin

Supply List (All SU!):
Stamps: Sweet Scoops
Inks: Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Accessories: Island Oasis DSP, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-Jig, Dotto, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Perfect Details Texturz Plate

8 comments:

  1. oh robin, it looks good enough to eat. love the vivid colors!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it!!!!!
    See you at convention!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy card, Robin! It's perfect!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card layout and colors. I will be using the sketch idea! What says summer more than ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!! so colorful & refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So summery! Lovely, Robin!!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!