Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Two Days in Paris - If Only!

Happy Monday stamping friends!
Today, I am dreaming of what it would really be like to enjoy springtime in Paris - that is a trip that is on my 'Bucket List' along with many other travel destinations. I was born with a love for travel even if I wasn't born with the means to make it happen! :) So, "someday" I hope to see the City of Lights at what is arguably my very favorite season of all - Spring!

For today, I'll just settle for two cards that for me, really evoke the spirit of what I think Paris would be like. The two cards I have for you today are two versions of the same, but the first one I'm showing you is a stepped up version of the second. I created the original (2nd) card for my Just Card classes in July and then re-created it for a private swap that I participated in at Convention. I used my new stamping bff stamp set Artistic Etchings for both cards - that Eiffel Tower image is just da' bomb! The neutral cardstock is Very Vanilla and I paired it with Basic Black and Blushing Bride. LOVE this combination!

Here's a look at the stepped up version:

On this one, I used the En Francais Background stamp in Blushing Bride ink, the overstamped it using Black Staz-On with the flourish stamp from one of the greatest stamp sets EVER, Baroque Motifs. The flourish was then treated to a dusting of Dazzling Diamonds glitter - sparkling like the City of Lights should!

Here is the original version:

I love the simplicity of this one - the only added wow factor was the dusting of Silver Foil Smooch Spray. It gives it more of a vintage look as opposed to the sweetly feminine look of the stepped up card. What is really cool to me is that the Basic Black Striped Grosgrain ribbon lends itself to both cards equally, even though they are different.

Don't you love seeing how many different looks you can get with basically one set of supplies? I love tha Stampin' Up! makes it so easy for us to do that!
So now, if you find yourself needing any of the supplies you've seen me use today, you can hop over to my Stampin' Up! website and Shop Right Now for them! Just click the link on the top right of my website homepage and it takes you to my online store.
Each and every online order this month will receive a special handmade card in the mail from me!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone! So glad you came by to visit!
Blessings,
~~Robin

6 comments:

  1. I love them both! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this color combination Robin!
    Kathy H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! They are both just so classy and clean looking.

    Hope you don't mind that I CASE them as I've just started holding cardmaking classes and one of these would be perfect for those beginning stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a classy colour combo...ooh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love these cards !!!!!!
    I knew I have to cased it the minute I saw it on your blog>
    tfs:)
    chat

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beauitul.. both cards are wonderful, and I love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!