Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

UDI Inspiration Challenge - I'm Baaack!!!

Welcome to Thursday, stampers!
After two weeks away from stamping and my computer, I finally am back in the groove and am back to my design teams! Love it!
I've missed doing the UDI Blog Inspiration Challenges and I LOVED this photo to work with today!

That beverage looks like it could be so yummy delicious, but I didn't go with FOOD for my inspiration, I pulled from the colors!
Take a look:

I pulled out two of the amazing NEW In Colors - Blushing Bride and Pear Pizazz - aren't they gorgeous together?!
This card actually has a purpose as well, my dear friend Dawn told me yesterday that she'd been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, so this will be going in the mail for her. Please say a prayer for her as she finds out her course of treatment today. I know she covets your prayers!

To create the card, I pulled out a little used embossing folder - the Manhattan Flower - this folder is so gorgeous, I love those flowers to bits! I simply ran the Blushing Bride DSP through the Big Shot in the folder then used my Sanding Block to sand off the top layer of the embossing. This revealed a white edge which makes the flowers really stand out.
The Blushing Bride layers were sponged in the same color ink to add some emphasis and depth before they were adhered together.

The ribbon accent is Whisper White taffeta, a classic.


The greeting is from the Hope Happens stamp set, stamped in Pear Pizazz on Whisper White cardstock. After punching it out with the Wide Oval Punch, I overstamped it with a flower from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set in Blushing Bride ink. It's stamped off once on Grid Paper first. I then sponged it as well and layered it on a piece of Pear Pizazz that was cut into the oval shape with my Big Shot and the Ovals Die. It's popped up onto some Stampin' Dimensionals and adhered to the card front.

So there you go, simple and lovely - perfect to send to a friend who needs a lift!
Be sure to check out all the other design team members projects by visiting the UDI Blog today. I'm sure you'll be inspired!
And if you find yourself needing to purchase any of the supplies I've used here today, just visit my Stampin' Up! website and click the Shop Now button on the upper right corner. All online orders this month will receive a special card in the mail from me!

Have a wonderful day stampers!
Blessings,
~~Robin

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Robin! I will say prayers for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous card robin. your friend will love it and the love you put into it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card, Robin! Just gorgeous! I'm sure Dawn will be uplifted by it. I'll be praying for her.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Robin! Please give your friend a hug from a 9 year BC survivor. I'm living proof that we ARE beating this disease!

    Hugs,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! I don't yet have the Big Shot, but am looking forward to getting it in the near future. I will keep your friend in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!