Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cherry Christmas Joy

Earlier in November, I was designing potential projects for my parties and came across a beautiful card on my friend Penny Thomas' blog. Click here to see her original idea. Well, I loved it so much that I decided to create my own version but incorporating the Glitter Window technique into it.
Here is my card:

I love the combination of Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White together - just so crisp and clean!
Even on a more 'vintage' feel card like this one.

My focal image was stamped with the Christmas Collage background stamp from the Holiday Mini - love this stamp! I used my 1 3/4" Circle Punch to punch out the "25" from the stamped image and set it aside.

To make the Glitter Window, I flipped the stamped cardstock over on my plastic worktable. Then I used a piece of regular clear packing tape and taped it over the punched hole with the sticky side facing the stamped side of the cardstock. I then flipped it back over and covered the sticky side with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, tapping off the excess. This is the 'Glitter Window' of the technique. So fun! And really, super easy to do!
Once I had the window made, I put SNAIL adhesive along the bottom back of that cardstock piece and positioned it on the Cherry Cobbler mat piece. This allowed me to lift it up and position and adhere the "25" behind it in the right spot. Then I just added more SNAIL along the edges and top to finish adhering it to the mat piece. Make sense?
I did do the torn edges prior to adhering everything down.

The Whisper White piece that has the Cherry Cobbler ribbon wrap and bow was Spritzed with the Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker and the Color Spritzer tool. All of the White cardstock was sponged lightly with Crumb Cake ink on the edges. The Antique Brad on the bow center was attached by opening up the wings of the brad all the way and folding them around the center of the bow. I attached the whole thing to the card with Mini Glue Dots.

Lastly, I finished off the inside:

Very simple - just the Bells and Boughs stamp set and Cherry Cobbler ink on Whisper White.
I loved how it turned out - in fact, this may be one of my favorite cards of this season!

Thanks for stopping by today - I'd love to hear from you in the comment box!
I have an incredibly busy week this week - Emma's skating team competes in Connecticut this weekend so we have a long travel trip ahead of us. Plus I have appointments and meetings for the next three days! Yikes! It all happens at once doesn't it?
I do have posts planned for the rest of the week - and trust me, you won't want to miss them! I was having FUN in the studio!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Stamped blessings,
~~Robin

4 comments:

  1. This is totally awesome!! Just love love love how you created the glitter window. What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Robin! I love what you did with this, looks awesome in Cherry and that glitter? WOW! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! The glitter window! I haven't done that in ages.....and it looks fabulous with this stamp and in this color! YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!