Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

UDI Inspiration Challenge - Leafing Thru My Scrapbook

Oh, I'm SO PUNNY!!
Get it - LEAFing?!
No? Well, ok, here's a peek at my page:

See?! Leaves! I'm LEAFing through my scrapbook!
Yeah, I know, I won't give up my day job!
And it's a good thing too because then I couldn't look at a photo like this:

And create a project like this:

As soon as I saw this week's Inspiration photo for the UDI Inspiration Challenge, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this photo of my family from our recent trip up to the apple orchard and I knew it would be perfect to use on a scrapbook page.
I'd had a class here on Tuesday and we used quite a bit of that gorgeous Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper for our projects and the package of full sheets was still laying out on one of my tables. I remember pulling out this particular full sheet and telling my friend Lin that I'd been hoarding that pattern because it was just too beautiful to cut up!
And isn't it cool that I didn't have to?!
Yep, that whole 12 x 12 background is the designer paper - I didn't do a thing to it! Gotta love that!
My 5 x 7 photo is matted with EarlyEspresso cardstock first, then two more layers of the Autumn Spice DSP. I popped up the espresso layer on Stampin' Dimensionals which not only gave it depth, but provided a place for the Pear Pizazz Poly Twill Ribbon to slip through.

Here, what do you think of my fun journaling 'sign'?


I used more of the Autumn Spice DSP and cut it with my Big Shot and the Two Tags Die. After adding a layer of Very Vanilla for writing on, I turned the tag upside down and made a sign out of it. It's attached to the ribbon with two punches of Early Espresso from the Modern Label Punch. I folded them in half to make hinges and added them to the sign with Button Brads from the Vintage Trinkets. I used a Neutral Button at the bottom with a bit of Linen Thread knotted through it.

For a simple finishing touch, I added leaves cut with the same DSP and my Leaves Die for the Big Shot. Some were put in the upper left corner:

And some in the lower right corner:

I was so happy with the way this page turned out! It was super simple to create, but really focuses on the photo and has a ton of texture simply because of that amazing Designer Paper. I'd love to know what you think of it too, so leave me a comment and say hi!
And be sure to visit the UDI Blog and check out what the other design team members were moved to create. I know they will inspire you!

Stamped blessings,
~~Robin

6 comments:

  1. Love the page Robin! The colors are fantastic and the sign is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty robin. the colors are perfect for the challenge. you should use the picture for your christmas cards too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin this is delightful!!! It is so nice that our dsp makes scrapbooking so quick and easy. Love the journaling tag too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely page...an aside, our last name is the same as our street...no relation, no we don't own the street...we just live there! Wheeler on Wheeler ave!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!