Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Purple Bliss Butterfly

Tuesday is crazy day here! Feelin' crazy? C'mon over!
I have two classes today, a conference call, final review of my script for the SU! webinar tomorrow and my poor hubby is home sick with the flu today. WooHoo! Definitely crazy day!

So let me share a calming, Clean and Simple (CAS) card with you today. Everyone breathe out and say Aaaaahh! Ok, very good - here's the card......

At my February team meeting, one of my downline members asked me how to use Heat and Stick powder so I pulled out a few supplies and demonstrated for them. If you are still being patient with me, this is the video I've promised you, but we've just not had time to film it! Aiyiyi!

This card is simply Whisper White cardstock folded in half lengthwise (1/2 sheet) and corners rounded. I took the beautiful swirl stamp from the Sale-A-Bration FREE stamp set Bliss and stamped it right in the middle with Versamark ink. It was covered with Heat and Stick embossing powder and heated with my heat tool just to the melting point. Then, I poured the purple cosmo glitter over it, tapped off the excess and heated it again with my heat tool. The glitter stuck to the embossed area and looks amazing!

Here's a close up of the focal point:

I used my Beautiful Butterflies Die and the Big Shot to cut out two butterflies, one with Whisper White cardstock and one with Vellum cardstock. The whisper White one was stamped with the small background block from the Clearly for You stamp set with Concord Crush ink. I sponged the edges as well to make it stand out then curled the edges with my Bone Folder. It's attached to the card front with Mini Glue Dots. The Vellum butterfly was curled as well, then adhered to the other one with Tombow Adhesive, just a very thin line down the fold I created in the middle. I added one Rhinestone Jewel to the center as an accent.
After stamping the greeting from the All Holidays stamp set (a FABULOUS go-to set!), I added a piece of White Organza Ribbon and knotted it in the front.

Simple, delicate and EASY! I LOVE easy cards! And this is one of them!

Have a wonderful day everyone - if you can get out, enjoy the sunshine for me, ok?!
Stamped blessings,
~~Robin

11 comments:

  1. amazingly simple but beautiful card, Robin....thanks so much for sharing it, I am more than ready for spring and some butterflies are a welcome sight! Jan Hoyt
    http://www.inkerzaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love CAS cards, but find that they are difficult. TFS
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, the card is beautiful and my favorite color is purple. I love the clean simple look. Hope your hubby feesl better and wishing you well on the webinar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the vellum butterfly layered over the stamped one and the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the vellum butterfly layered over the stamped one and the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant. Loved your class presentation at Leadership!
    Love your blog-I have gotten so many ideas from you. I just nominated you for the Stylish Bloggers Award. You can see the details on my blog at http://www.starzlstamps.com Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply an Amazing card. Elegant.

    ~Jodi~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning and elegant yet simple in design!

    I am passing an award along to you if you have time to visit my blog.

    www.bsgstamps4fun.blogspot.com


    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very stunning card! I like the velum overlay to your butterfly, very nice!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!