Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Vintage Blue Spring

Good morning stampers!
How was your weekend? Ours was wonderful with the exception of Emma being sick with a crummy cold. She's been really miserable since yesterday morning and I've kept her home from school today - we'll be headed to the doctor's office this morning to check things out! Don't you hate it when your kids are sick? I just want to snap my fingers and make it all better for her. My sweet girl hardly even complains when she's sick, in fact, sometimes we have a hard time telling that she is until she tells us. She's such a little trooper and hates to slow down for anything!
So, say a little prayer for my baby today, I miss her perky smile!

We woke up to a surprise thunderstorm this morning which was really cool and makes the colors in this card really speak to me today. Our sky outside right now looks kinda like this soft blue and it's actually very pretty even with the rain.

This was the first card I designed the other night with the fabric trim rosette. My stamping was done with one of my all time fave stamp sets - Elements of Style. I just love the images in that set! I inked the spray of roses with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. Then I did a little Emboss-Resist technique with Baja Breeze ink. I rubbed the ink over the embossed image with a Stamping Sponge in a circular motion and that caused the images to appear beautifully on the card front.

Do you notice the shimmer on the roses? I added a bit of the Champagne Mist Shimmer paint on top of them with a sponge dauber and just set it aside to dry.

The Not Quite Navy cardstock border was punched with the Eyelet Border punch. Then I added some of the Rhinestone Pearls to each scalloped area and lastly, painted a bit more of the shimmer paint on the edge. The camera just doesn't do it justice!
The ribbon is that fabulous Baja Breeze Seam Binding and I added one of the Whisper White Ribbon Rosettes to the middle of the fabric flower with some Tombow Adhesive.

I have to tell you that my hubby - God bless him - took a look at this card and asked me what I was thinking! He didn't like it very much.
I told him that I was thinking that he didn't know much about stamping and to go away! :)

I really love this card, it's just so soft and lovely in person. Tell me, what do you think? Would you like to make this at card class next month? Let me know and if I get enough positive response, I'll add it to the list, ok?

As always, to purchase the supplies you need to re-create this card and any of my other projects here on the blog, simply visit my Online Stampin' Up! store at this link HERE. Click the SHOP NOW button at the top right and you'll have the stamping world at your fingertips!
Don't forget you have just 10 short days to take advantage of FREE Sale-A-Bration products! For each $50 order you place with me, you receive a FREE product from the Sale-A-Bration brochure! There's so much to choose from, don't miss out, ok?

Have a wonderful day everyone, I'm gonna go take care of my baby girl!
Stamped blessings,
~~Robin

4 comments:

  1. Well, I like your card, especially the colors and that fabulous Elements of Style stamp! We can't all like the same thing, but this is a real a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very LOVELY gorgeous card!! Love the subtleness of the spray on the images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses are beautiful, I love that set too and am always looking for awesome ways to use that stamp. Your trims are beautiful on this card.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!