Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Questions about my Butterfly Album

Hey stampers,

I got a ton of questions about sizes, etc. today for my Butterfly Album (post HERE). Since I have to go back to the hospital in Richmond tomorrow, I won't have time to post photos of the steps, but here are the measurements and some instructions. The photos of my finished project on the first post should make this self-explanatory, it's really a simple template and you decorate it anyway you like!

The cover is a piece of 6" x 12" cardstock scored at 5 7/8" and again at 6 1/8". This creates the spine of the album.

The DSP on the spine is cut at 3" x 6" and is scored at 1 3/8" and again at 1 5/8".

The inside cardstock "pages" are one piece of 10" x 10" cardstock. It's scored at 5", then turned and scored again at 5" so you have 4 sections.
Next, you cut one of the score lines up to the middle of the cardstock. This cut allows you to fold your album pages.
Important - one thing that I do differently is after I make that cut, I leave the cardstock in the cutter, but shift it over about 1/16" and make another cut back out to the edge alongside the first one. It cuts out a tiny sliver of cardstock and makes your pages much easier to fold up.

I decorate all my "pages" before adhering it to the decorated album cover, it's much easier to handle this wey. All my DSP panels are cut at 4 3/4" square and I add embellishments of paper strips, ribbon, etc. on top of them after adhering them to the pages.
Our original directions from Founder's Circle had us using Sticky Strip, but I actually use Tombow Multi-Adhesive to glue it all together. I've just found it works better for me in my humid area.

So, I think that's pretty much it - like I said, it's a very easy project and even with the cutting should only take about 1/2 hour or so to put together once you know what design you want to do. Have fun with it and I'd love to see what you make! :)

Stamped blessings,
Robin

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving the directions to this Faboo Album.
    I have never seen one like it before and saw your earlier post on it and also wondered how to make it.
    Thanks for sharing your creativity and allowing me to be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue praying for your father.
    To you, dear God, I willingly hand over all concern about Robin’s Father I trust that your healing energy will restore his natural health. Amen.

    God Bless your Family too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a new demonstrator I really appreciate something other than a card I can share with my stampin buddies. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such great albums. I made one of these for my sons's high school graduation in 2009. He had all his guests from his graduation party sign it. It made a great keepsake. Thanks so much for sharing how beautifully you deocrated yours! It makes me want to demonstrate this again!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!