Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

You Rule - Masculine Valentine

Do you have a tough time creating masculine card designs? 
I think it's an area we all struggle with a bit. I mean, let's face it, we send more cards to our girlfriends and our female relatives than we do the men in our lives. 
Why do you think that is? 
Ha! Maybe it's because our bff's all oooh and aaah over our carefully crafted piece of love a whole lot more than our guys do. (That wouldn't be manly, dontcha know.)

Anyway, there are a few times a year when we need to send a guy card and when we do, it should be just as gorgeous as any other card we make. Even if we are the ones who appreciate it the most! 

Here's the masculine valentine that I created for my Very Valentine class last Saturday. And yes, it does use one of the envelopes from the kit. Here, take a look:


I cut a piece of paper out of the center of the envelope to make the Designer Paper layer - it's cut at 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" and layered on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. 
The card base is Real Red cardstock and I used the Measuring Stick Builder Wheel across the bottom of the card front. 
I unmount all my wheels to use them as regular flat stamps. It's SO EASY to do with the Clear Mount Cling Foam that Stampin' Up! offers in our catalog. It creates a great, cling mount stamp that will work on your Clear Blocks. I've had so much success with this and I <3 more="" much="" my="" now="" so="" span="" wheels="">
This one was stamped with Versamark, then heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. 

Here's another view of the card:


The focal image is that awesome crown stamp from the You Rule stamp set in the Spring Mini Catalog. It too is embossed with Gold Embossing Powder then hand cut with Paper Snips. I mounted it on two Stampin' Dimensionals. 
The greeting was stamped in Real Red ink then punched out with the Modern Label Punch. I adhered it directly to the card front with SNAIL, then added two Basic Rhinestones for some bling. 

I love this card SO much - it's going to be my valentine for my hubby. Shhh.......don't tell!

Here's a few of the products I used on this card:
#124236 - Clear Mount Cling Foam  $10.95

#126923 - Sealed With Love Simply Sent Kit $7.95

#126935 - Measuring Stick Builder Wheel  $4.50

#129264 - You Rule Stamp Set $13.95 clear mount

As always you can find these great products and more in my Online Stampin' Store. Here's the link:
Robin's Online Stampin' Store

Simply click the SHOP NOW button at the top right corner to go shopping and fill your cart! 
Don't forget - every $50 you spend right now gets you a FREE Sale-A-Bration Exclusive Product!

Have a great day everyone - go stamp something fun!
~~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!