Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Scrapbook Page? Or Wall Art? - You Decide!

Good morning stampin' peeps! 

I'm back today with another sweet project that I designed for my Very Valentines Class last Saturday. If you've been following along, you know that we used the Sealed With Love Simply Sent Kit to make a wide variety of projects from the pieces in that super cute kit! 

Here's an 8 1/2" x 11" scrapbook page that really could be part of an existing scrapbook you have going OR framed and hung on the wall as a seasonal - and personalized - decoration!


The base page is a piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock and I stamped a flower image from the Secret Garden stamp set in a random pattern all over the page in Calypso Coral ink. 
There is a 2 1/2" x 11" strip of Real Red cardstock running down the left side. I gave it some texture by running it through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder on both ends of the strip. (the envelope hides the seam!)



The photo mat is a 1/2 sheet of Very Vanilla cardstock. I drew stitching lines around the outside edge with a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker. The right side edge has a 16" piece of Pool Party Seam Binding ruffled down the side. I just used a piece of Sticky Strip all along that edge and hand pleated it. I then used a 1" x 8 1/2" strip of cardstock glued to the back of the ribbon to sandwich it in between and keep it secure.



The envelope on this page was used for journaling. I used an envelope flap that had been left over from my Banner Project (click here to view) to create the look of a lined envelope. The journaling tag is one of the note inserts that was pre-printed in the kit. 
The outside of the envelope has a Pool Party Flower from the Pop-Up Posies Kit and I added the I (heart) You image from the My Little Valentine stamp set on a punched and popped up piece of Whisper White. The floral strip of paper behind the flower was cut from the scrap left behind in the Heart Shaped Mini Album Project. (click here to view) And lastly, the pull tab on the journaling piece was punched out with the 2 3/8" Scallop Punch from other envelope scraps. I added a Pool Party Button from Sale-A-Bration tied up with a piece of the Real Red Baker's Twine that was in the kit. 

I love being able to use up SO many pieces from a kit - it makes me feel like I've gotten an excellent value for my $$, doesn't it you?

It was great fun to create so many cool projects from this kit - be sure to check out my Online Store and get yours before they are gone! 
Here's the info one more time:
#126923 - Sealed With Love Simply Sent Kit - $7.95

Here's the link to my Online Store:
Robin's Online Stampin' Store

Simply click the SHOP NOW button in the top left corner and have fun shopping for all your paper crafting goodies! 

Happy Stampin'!
~~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!